Banner

Banner
We Want You to Foster!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New babies

I should be sleeping right now.  But sleep is fleeting!  Zsa Zsa Gabor (the cat) has refused to care for her three babies and we only have one bottle feeder and he has his hands full with other kittens right now. So I have the babies because I'm able to work from home ("perk" of being a technical writer).  Although it's hard to work when you've had no sleep and you have to feed babies every 2 hours!  The three little ones are very small - too small.  Sometimes they take the bottle ok, but sometimes I syringe feed them.  They're only about 52 hours old.

Here's hoping today isn't as crazy work-wise as it was yesterday because I barely made my deadlines because of the feedings.

Purrs and paws crossed everyone please that these babies make it.  They weigh several ounces less than they should and even with regular feedings just aren't gaining weight on the schedule they should be.  This morning I decided to only syringe feed because that way I can make sure they get exactly what they need (1 cc each x 3 cycles each feeding - they need to each eat 3-4 cc's each feeding right now).

2 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Oh bless you many times over and over. xox

Random Felines said...

purrs to you and the kitts......