Parmesan and Pickles were adopted this weekend. No surprise there - small kittens at 3.5 months old and super sweet and super cute!
And Sweet Tea was adopted last night!!!! The reason for all the exclamation points after Sweet Tea? Well, Sweet Tea was one of the Bojangles kittens (found behind a Bojangles on a TNR project last year). Her sibings, Boberry Biscuit and Chicken Biscut, never tamed up for adoption and Sweet Tea was really shy but her foster mom said definitely not a barn cat. Sweet Tea would flinch some as you reached towards her, but once you started petting her, she loved it. But the flinching would make lots of people shy away. But someone met her Sunday and fell in love with her. We are jumping for joy about this adoption.
Barn/Garden Cat Update
Boberry Biscuit and Chicken Biscut (yes, I do get flack on their names!) were relocated to a great barn home on Saturday. They went to a horse rescue barn and if this relocation is successful, we will get more requests for barn cats at other rescue barns (this is a test case). Boberry and Chicken Biscuit were the perfect match for the barn and and we have a very high success rate with relocations - as we work to match the cats to the barn and barn to the cats the same way we do to match adoptables and families. We're sure this will be a success. And since we have about 30 cats on the wait list for barn homes, having more available barns for relocation would be terrific.
Spring Hope Update
We've trapped 49 cats (plus a bunch of others but they were "repeat offenders" - meaning already TNR'd but wanted the smelly food in the traps!!) in 16 days. The cats are starting to get a bit wise so after tomorrow's release, we will take a short break (1.5-2 weeks) and then start up again. Two little fat kittens last night were not quite old enough to take in (we have no more available bottle feeder foster homes), so we will wait another two weeks and then pull them in. They appear to be about 3.5-4 weeks old but not eating on their own.
April 10, 2011
- 15 cats trapped for TNR: 11 females and 4 males
- Plus, 2 kittens taken in to adoption program
April 13, 2011
- 11 cats trapped for TNR: 9 females and 2 males
April 19, 2011
- 12 cats trapped for TNR: 6 females and 6 males
- Plus 1 mama cat trapped for TNR at a later date and her 5 week old babies taken into adoption program. Mama will be TNR’d once her babies can eat on their own. While not idea
April 25, 2011
- 10 cats trapped for TNR: sex yet unknown (not back from spay/neuter yet). But report that one or two may be adoptable so will be evaluated for adoption program