Banner

Banner
We Want You to Foster!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bad storms, but good adoption weekend

With the predicted bad weather, I really didn't think we would have many adoptions this weekend, but I was finishing up the third adoption of the day at Petsmart, when the the power went out and stayed out until late that night due to storms.  Wilma, Kismet, Charlie Girl, and Luke Duke were adopted this weekend.

Poor Charlie Girl, everyone called her fat - or asked if she was pregnant (no, absolutely not!  We have a 100% spay/neuter before adoption policy no exceptions).  Honestly, I was about to make her a little tag for her cage that said "I'm NOT pregnant, I'm just fat!!!" because everytime someone stopped by, they would ask if she was pregnant.  Charlie Girl's foster mom told me she's muscular and I'd scold her and ask her to cut back on the amount of food she gets because Charlie Girl was overweight, not muscular.  Well, Charlie Girl was adopted by a couple that are both personal fitness trainers and one is also a nutritionalist.  Charlie Girl will be on a meal and fitness plan in no time!  They are already switching over her food to kitty weight loss food. 

The storms were frightening, and all I could think about while at Petsmart where my personal cats and the fosters at my house - I was so worried.  But all of our volunteers and cats are safe.  However, the damage in this area is devastating, many lives were lost, so much damage to property everywhere, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by this weekend's tornadoes. 

3 comments:

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

So glad you posted this - we were worried about you all with the storms. Great news about the adoptions!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Are you near Raleigh? My son is in Charlotte and I was concerned about him for awhile but the poor people in the path of that..frightening. I can't understand why you all had a tornado. They LIVE here in TN. but I didn't know they went so far east as Raleigh. My mistake..they can be anywhere.
I worry about my babies too whenN I am gone.

Alley Cats and Angels of North Carolina said...

Admiral, I'm in Knightdale on the outskirts of Raleigh, but we have fosters throughout the Triangle, NC area. One of the tornadoes hit the neighborhood of one of our fosters, but it jumped her cul-de-sac and spared them.

North Carolina typically only gets about 19 tornadoes a year. This weekend, there were over 70 in North Carolina.