Alley Cats and Angels is seeking Cat Caregivers to help care for our cats when they are in the Petsmart adoption centers. The Cat Caregiver volunteers provide hands-on care to the cats, ensuring they are as clean and comfortable as possible.
- Cleaning cat enclosure and changing cat litter
- Feeding the cats
- Observing their health and well-being
- Giving them out of cage running and playtime
- Loving them a lot – giving kisses and cuddles!
It only takes an hour or two once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month – you choose the frequency – to help keep the cats happy and healthy. We are the last care the cats in the centers receive each evening. The typical shifts for Cat Caregivers are
- Monday through Friday – arrive between 6:30 and 7:30P, must be finished before store closes at 9P
- Saturday – arrive around 3:00P and clean the adoption center while the cats are out of the center for the adoption event
- Sunday – arrive between 4:30 and 5:30, must be finished before store closes at 7P
We need Cat Caregivers in the evenings when we are in the following adoption centers:
- Petsmart Capital Boulevard Raleigh
- Petsmart Knightdale
- Petsmart Morrisville
If this sounds like something you would enjoy while reaping the rewards of doing something wonderful for our feline friends, please contact Alley Cats and Angels via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by an adult and have reliable transportation.
We offer a small token of our appreciation for any Cat Caregiver who takes four or more shifts in one month.