The winner of the raffle will receive a cash prize equal to 50% of the total ticket sales. Tickets are 1 for $5.00 or 5 for $20.00 and are on sale now through August 14th. Please see attached flyer for more information. http://www.alleycatsandangels.org/50-50Raffle.pdf
Some of our unexpected expenses this year include:
- Zammie, multiple vet visits and full diagnostic workup and finally surgery. Zammie has Ehlors-Danlos Syndrome and his vet care so far is over $750 this year
- Hayley Mills, our little miracle girl who was a little less than 2 weeks old and only weighed half a pound had to have emergency surgery to remove a ruptured eye.
- Cassie, another "occular unicorn" has upper eyelid agenesis -- meaning she has no upper eyelids. We knew Cassie had this condition when we took her in but we could not turn her away even though we knew she would have huge medical expenses. Cassie has some vision in her eyes and in order to preserve that vision, per the specialist at Animal Eye Care once she is old enough (3-4 months old), we can start her medical to save her eyesight (first step is removing the hair around the eyes that irritates the eyes since there are no eyelids to protect the eyes. Next step is creating (either from excess skin or cryogenically) upper eyelids and surgery and follow-on care.
- CeCe (otherwise known as itty bitty cow kitty) is Cassie's sibling and has been to the vet three times in one week and had to undergo a surgical procedure a couple of weeks ago. She will need continued care to get her healthy. Her medical to date is over $500.
- Meredith Grey, one of the Grey's Anatomy kittens had surgery for an encapsulated hernia and required a partial bowel resection. Her surgery was almost $500.