Banner

Banner
We Want You to Foster!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ahhhhh Oscar, I miss you

Well, Oscar went to his new foster home today. Oscar has IBS.  Oscar is about 9 months but thin but was started today on Purina Overweight Management food by our vet.  I know, it seems a little odd, but Purina OM is a low-residue food and that's what we need to try Oscar on first.  He'll get dry and canned.  Per an animal nutritionist, it takes several months for the old food to get completely out of the system, so he'll be on this food for a while.  If that doesn't work, then we start the long process of trying other foods including a grain free cat food, the duck and green pee food, etc.  Most likely, Oscar will never have great poop, but if we can get it where it's not completely horrible, we can find him a great home. 

Oscar's new foster mom has a cat who also has IBS, so she's the perfect (should I be corny and say purr-fect) person to foster him.

But I'm sad because he's my boo.  I love that little monkey.  Who's going to sleep on my pillow now? 


1 comment:

Alley Cats and Angels of North Carolina said...

Oscar is doing really good in his new foster home. He's settled in nicely, although there was no doubt he would. And Nosey has decided to take up the empty spot on my pillow, so all is well! -- tia